Monday, April 12, 2010

Shall I compare thee....or just kill you?

Res’ post on “amore” got me thinking about love as well.
Love, in my opinion, is cruel. I mean, think about it. Romeo and Juliet: wouldn’t they’ve been far happier if they’d never known each other? Hell, they probably wouldn’t have died if they hadn’t known each other! Their lives would’ve been saved without love!

Whenever love tends to hurt/kill me, I take cover. I build a huge medieval city wall all around myself, I hire a 21st century army to defend my heart, and I cut all communication lines. It’s called “survival strategy”. Sure, I’ve tried attacking first, or simply engaging in battle. Always to find myself mortally injured and on the loosing side. ‘Cause let’s face it: the one who has your love, has your weakness – and therefore the greatest force to hurt you.

So dear readers, you are warned : if I ever write a book about love, it will be a bloody affair. Think American Psycho Killer meets Romeo& Juliet. Bound to be a bestseller.

1 comment:

the Duchess said...

That will be a bestseller!

And as the saying goes, 'It is far better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.'

Whoever wrote that was an idiot. And obviously the object of her affection just wasn't that into her. hee hee! Kidding of course.

All you need is Love. . . Love, Love is all you need!