Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our newest acquisition

Belongs in the category : totally unnecessary, but really nice to have. I’m talking about...tadaaa.....: a patio heater.
I secretly wanted one of these things ever since we moved into our new apartment, and have a very nice terrace. But I never mentioned it, because, right, it’s in the totally-unnecessary category. A few weeks ago however, P showed me all the stuff he could get for free with his Amex-points. And he goes “Look, a patio-heater! Wouldn’t that be nice?”.
One thing lead to another, and yesterday a delivery guy dropped the foresaid heater on our doorstep. Leaving it to me to carry the heavy thing all the way up to our apartment.
As you might have deduced from the picture, yes, the heater still has to be assembled. And carried to our terrace. No, not finished then. Then I have to go and buy a gas canister and, right, also carry it up 3 flights of stairs, through our apartment and on our terrace. *Sigh*, life can be so hard ;-)

3 comments:

Kim Bah Lee said...

It's often said that patio heaters are the epitome of bourgeois arrivisme.

AND, it's often said that an evening on a heated patio can create a carbon footprint greater than one created by leaving your heating on all through the summer.

However, I'm inclined to disagree with both of the above. And applaud your patio heater with gusto and a glass of chilled prosecco.

Res I(p)sa said...

Cool! Can I come over and see it?!

PS: I like the "conversation" post ;-) It's fun experimenting with writing dialogue, isn't it?!

N said...

N:Always welcome! You know we have a guest room!
RI: Oh great, when can I come?

;-)