Saturday, November 20, 2010

Three-dimensional experience

Tonight I took my godchild A and his mom to the movies. For me, it was going to be a “first one”, namely my first 3D-experience. After 5 minutes, I felt as if my eyes were going to pop out of my head, cartoon-style. I was squinting so hard that, by the end of the movie, all the carefully applied anti-wrinkle serums of the past 5 years were a wasted effort. Teary eyes followed. A headache was building up. I was even getting dizzy.

A quick search on the net learned me that I’m not the only one suffering from these side-effects. While typing this, my eyes are still acting weird – as if my left eye is focusing on a point further away than my right eye.

So, sorry to say this, but I hate 3D. A screen is flat – I like to keep it that way.

Other than that, the film was great. A. wet his pants after a bucket of coke, and not reaching the toilets in time during the break. He walked out of the theatre in his undies, covered up by my long winter coat. He told me and his mom to stop laughing (which we tried, but failed). We introduced the new term “poop” instead of “shit”( maybe now you know which movie we saw). We took goofy pictures with our 3D-glasses on. We stole a parking spot from someone else. And we ended the night at McDo. Not a “despicable” night out at all :-) !

No comments: