Monday, July 4, 2011

Holiday house

A few months ago, my parents bought a little house on the Belgian coast. The last month was spent painting, buying furniture, and redecorating - and now it's all done!
That's why last weekend, we invited a couple of friends and enjoyed this new "home".
Funny thing is that I meet my entire past & family in this little house. I recognise stuff that belonged to my grandparents (like a table cloth we only used once a year, beginning of summer, when there was a fair in our hometown). I see things I used throughout my childhood at my parents' (those brown seventies coffee cups). And I see some things that used to belong to me (my first TV, that pink stereo I saved for an entire summer, my old bed sheets, ...). It's all there - like a small N's Family Life Museum :-) .

Apart from that, the house has a great little garden, where you can enjoy the sun from early morning until late in the evening, and it's only a 20 minutes' walk from the beach.
Our first weekend there had all the ingredients to make it a perfect 2-day-getaway : great weather, friends, delicious food, long beach walks, hour-long brunches in the garden,...
To be repeated pretty soon!

No comments: