Saturday, January 12, 2008

On a brighter note

After several days of rain, today the sun finally came out. And I guess you could say the same thing about my mood !
I have overcome my initial shyness (and my longing to crawl underneeth the bed, and hide until the six coming months are over), and I’m starting to feel a bit more like myself again. I’ve talked to several other partners, some of them really nice people, who are struggling with the same questions and doubts. « Will we be sitting idly in the bar area more than we want ? » being one of our major concerns :-) .
In the past 24 hours I’ve been told that : I speak perfect English, I have a truly warm smile (the kind you could really use more often in situations like starting an MBA in a foreign country), and that I have a perfect pronunciation of Chinese. What more do you want to feel good :-) ?
Also in the past 24 hours, there has been : a cheese and wine tasting with the new intake, a nice drink in the bar, a walk in the forest and lunch with the partners, wintersales-shopping, and coffee and cake with our artistic landlady. Still to come : the big Welcome party for the new P1’s tonight, in one of the « chateaux ».
After a tough first week : I’m not yet running, but at least I’m able to walk . (and to dance the night away later on :-)

No comments: