Monday, March 17, 2008

Wined, dined, dead

There are ways to go from an I to an E. One of those ways is apparently getting drunk. No, I’m not proud of it. Yes, my parents are to blame. Yes, I had a great time. And, yes, I’m still recovering. But no, I’m not planning to do this more often.

What happened ? Saturday we went out for dinner with my parents (who are visiting to celebrate my mom’s 60th birthday). My mom and I wanted wine. And I misunderstood the waitress. I ordered a really nice wine, and I thought the waitress was saying something about how it would be in a small bottle…Good ! But instead, the bottle was big. And the wine was just too nice. So I pretty much finished ¾ of the bottle. Around desert time, I noticed I was talking non-stop. Half an hour later, I was talking + laughing non-stop. And I really don’t know how the Villecerf party was, but I do know that I had a great time ! I drank Coke for the rest of the night, but somehow the alcohol kept doing its job…I never drink anything more than the occasional glass, and last time something similar happened to me I was still in my teens….

No time to recover though, ‘cause the following morning, after a mere 4 hours of sleep, I had to get up and wish "happy birthday !". And I had planned the entire day in Paris. With a nice lunch, a visit to Montmartre, a boat tour on the Seine, and a dinner to end the day. I did it all with a big smile and seemingly full of energy.

Today, I’m dead.

No comments: