Saturday, September 29, 2007

Disneyland !!!

I’m thrilled, exhilarated, over the moon, very very happy !
After the INSEAD-exams, end of October, P and I are going to Disneyland, Paris. (now that P is officially a student again, we can do this without being ashamed of ourselves :-) .
We’ll be staying at the Hotel Cheyenne, which is actually an old Western town, where you can ride to your room on a pony (not kiddin’).

I’ve been to Disneyland before, like 12 or 13 years ago – so I know what will happen. As you enter “the land” through the gates of this princess’ castle (I forgot which princess), you are thrown back into childhood. Before your know it, you’re walking around with Mickey Mouse ears on your head, and you’re chasing Donald Duck for an autograph and a picture. Trust me, this happens to everyone.

So what is more fun than being 10 years old again for a day or 2?
I can’t wait to see the Halloween Parade, to take a ride on the brand new “Crush’s Coaster” (a “Finding Nemo-theme roller coaster), and to dive into the numerous souvenir shops to buy Disney stuff (this last thing will happen anyway, so I might as well look forward to it!). I also remember that they have this Disney-Cartoon channel, so when you get back to your room in the evening, you can watch cartoons all night long! (P will go “Oh boy….” when he reads this, but I don’t mind, I’m way toooooo happy!) I’ve been humming Disney-tunes for two days now (“Under the sea, tralalalaaa, under the sea, and so on), and this weekend I’ll watch my Finding Nemo DVD once again, well, just to look even more forward to this trip!

Those who will be joining us are warned : I’m an over-enthusiastic Disney lover, who will be as excited as a 10 year old with a sugar-overload!

No comments: