Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oh lord won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz.....(and an Ipod)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?


Or so the song goes by Janis Joplin.
Just to tell you that, after driving a company car for three years, the time has come to buy some wheels of my own (I got fired, remember?). I don’t know if I’ll have a job again that comes with a car. Let alone that I know when I will have a job again, period. No car is not an option – I’m still recovering from my 6 months without one in France; won’t make that mistake again.

So far my car hunt has led me to
1) a Renault Clio, 3 years old
2) a Toyota Aygo, 6 months old
The Clio is bigger and has a more powerful engine. It’s a Renault, and that’s the brand I’ve been driving the past three years and am happy about. I know the car dealer, and the excellent service I get there.
But (o-oh, here we go) : the Aygo comes with an Ipod Nano!!!
And guess what refuses to work since last night? Exactly, my Ipod!

All your advice, dearest readers, is more than welcome :-)

No comments: