Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Four weddings and a funeral

The “congratulations” from all over the world are pouring in – which is really heart-warming. And with that come the questions :
“Do you already have a date?”
“Who proposed to whom?”
“I want to know all the details!”
So, to all you dear people:
- I wish we had a date, but no – we don’t. Please block all your Saturdays for the next five years.
- P proposed to me
- And the details: trust me, you really don’t want to know. (come to think of it : if I ever should write a book, that subject alone would provide a good page-turner). Let’s just say that after 7,5 years of being together, following the man to France, and still no ring...I had given up on the little-girls-dream.

Maybe that explains why I have no patience whatsoever left as it comes to planning the whole thing. Certainly not with P as a team-member, who has the decision-making skills of a consultant (= gather all the data, make slide after slide interpreting and analyzing the data, think of possible strategies and outcomes of foresaid strategies, base advice on foresaid outcomes...but never ever get to the point of decision-making – that is left to the client).
While I don’t need/want all the data, all the strategies or all the advice – I just act on instincts and feeling, and make decisions in the spur of the moment.

So this is going to be quite a challenge, but I’ll try to follow the advice of two of my best friends: just go with the flow! Right....

No comments: