Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pieces of poetry

I used to write a lot of poetry. Actually, for years and years, it was the only thing I wrote. And I kind of miss it. Last year, I wrote a few funny rhymes on the postcards I weekly sent to P in France while I was still in Brussels, but apart from that – I haven’t written any poems in ages.
Today, I re-read some of them – 90% are in Dutch. I tried to translate a few, but found this really hard to do. I liked it though, so I might give my poetic side a chance again.
Just to give you a little taste:

Today

Today I will let you go
And maybe tomorrow too
Today I won’t miss you
And I’ll even be happy
That you’re in Kalamazoo
Today I’ll completely be myself
And not one piece of me with you
Today I’ll be alone
And it’s gonna feel good too

Did you know that « today »
Lasted about a minute or two ?

No comments: